Discover the North of Portugal, one of the unexplored treasures in Europe, with its wildlife, gorgeous nature, and breathtaking landscapes.
- Free pick-up/drop-off with a 4×4 vehicle at your hotel/accommodation
- Magic and breathtaking landscape spots in Gerês National Park
- Professional guide
- Local experiences
- Underwater photos and videos of the tour
- Wetsuits and best safety equipment
- People All ages
Waterfalls, Zip Lines, Cliffs, and Lagoons in Portugal!
This is a spectacular day for those who love nature mixed with adrenaline! You have the opportunity to try leaping through waterfalls into crystal clear pools, fly across the canyon on zip lines, navigate your way through riverbeds, abseil down cliffs, slide down nature slides, and swim through stunning lagoons.
After we pick you up, we drive directly to the check-in point, where a briefing is held on the activity, safety standards, and equipment distribution. We provide secure lockers to secure your belongings during your trip.
Your guide for the day gives you a short trip briefing, you complete all necessary paperwork, and we are ready to set off. We then drive another 10 minutes to the canyon starting point. Once everyone is ready, the trip leader gives an in-depth safety briefing and details about the canyon.
You then embark on a three to four-hour descent of the canyon. You are given alternative routes at all times if you are feeling uncomfortable with certain aspects or if you want to challenge yourself a little more; we have options to suit everyone.
After canyoning, you’re sure to be hungry; we invite you to lunch in a local restaurant where you can meet the countryside people. It’s a real opportunity to get to know our culture through the food. After this amazing experience, we drive you back to your accommodation.
The best thing that can happen to us at the end of the day is to hear you say: “It was the best day of my journey in northern Portugal!”
Canyoning can be practiced by anyone who has the basic skills of progression/walking on mountains and who is able to withstand physical exertion over medium-low intensity for prolonged periods of time (average duration: three hours; average distance reference terrain: 1 km).
However, we have some limitations required by the equipment sizes, including:
- Minimum height and weight: 25 kg | 130 cm
- Maximum height and weight: 115 kg | 210 cm
- Bathing suit and towel (during summer season)
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Depending on canyoning, you may need shorts and t-shirts for the river approach
- Tips (optional)
- Other expenses and activities not mentioned
- Drinks and lunch (we stop at a local restaurant where you can eat with the locals for around €6)
- Any kind of worries