Discover the North of Portugal, one of the unexplored treasures in Europe, with its wildlife, gorgeous nature, and breathtaking landscapes.
- Short hikes in natural and rural environment and in the city
- Visit several monuments (up to 5 monuments)
- Ride by cable car to Penha Mountain
- Local guide
- Photos and/or videos
- Special car seat for children (groups of 1 – 3)
- Group 2 11+ / Price per person
- Group 3-6 11+ / Price per person
- Child 0-10 / Price per child
Discover Kings, Battles, & History on a Guimarães Walking Tour
Embark on a journey of discovery, visiting one of the most charming, historic cities of Portugal. Explore the Minho region along the way, admire the perfect scenery, and learn the history of the cities along its banks. After you’re picked up from your hotel, sit back and take in the breathtaking countryside that surrounds you.
Head toward to the famous and picturesque town of Guimarães, considered the Cradle of Nationality, where the first king of Portugal was born. Visit the 10th-century castle and the Palace of the Dukes of Bragança, wandering through the maze-like medieval lanes of the town’s historic center—a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Walk to the Largo da Oliveira, a plaza that’s home to a centuries-old olive tree, and stroll along the Rua de Santa Maria, past typical Portuguese homes. For lunch, taste the typical gastronomy and delicacies of the Minho region and the famous green wine in a typical Portuguese restaurant.
Besides its historical center, Guimarães has much more history. Come visit the Citania of Briteiros, whose archaeological ruins are an extraordinary proof of the existence of an important primitive village of pre-Roman origin. To finish the day, there’s nothing better than the fantastic view over the city from Penha Mountain on a cable car ride.
- Tips (optional)
- Other expenses and activities not mentioned
- Any kind of worries
- Comfortable clothing and shoes adapted to the weather conditions (no slippers or high heels, please)
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Snacks and bottled water